The veteran surgery team is highly trained and has extensive experience in surgery and other areas including critical care, emergency medicine, inpatient care, and home health. Preoperative and postoperative care is an important part of the surgical experience and is individualized for each patient; the patient and family will receive detailed instructions, and your nurse will take you through each step of the process, providing answers to your questions and concerns.
General Surgery & GI
Phillip Parker Crace, M.D.
- Degree: M.D.
- Georgetown College, KY -B.S. in Biology
- Barry University, Miami, FL -M.S. in Biomedical Sciences
- University of Kentucky College of Medicine, KY
- Residency: Good Samaritan Hospital, Cincinnati, OH General Surgery Resident
- Board Certification: American Board of Surgery
Throughout his career, Dr. Crace has received numerous prestigious awards, to include: America’s Top Doctors, 2013-16; America’s Top Surgeons, 2013-16; Research Resident of the Year in 2004-05 from Good Samaritan Hospital’s Department of Surgery; Georgetown College’s Academic Deans List between 1993-97; and the National Deans List between 1994-97. In addition to his many academic honors, Dr. Crace was a member of the All Mid-South Conference football team in 1995-96 while at Georgetown College. Dr. Crace enjoys quality time with his wife and children, as well as spending time outdoors.
Nathan Wigner, M.D., Ph.D.
- Degree: M.D., Ph.D.
- North Carolina State University B.S., Biological Sciences
- North Carolina State University B.A., Chemistry
- Boston University, School of Medicine M.D., PhD, Biochemistry
- Residency: University of Pennsylvania Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Board Certification:
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Orthopaedic Trauma Association
Joe P. Turner, RN, ANP
- Degree: NP
- School: Medical University of South Carolina
College of Nursing
Specialties: Men’s Health