HRMC eases hospital visitation restrictions
VARNVILLE, S.C. (June 9, 2020)
- Effective Wednesday, June 10, 2020
, Hampton Regional Medical Center (HRMC) will begin reducing some of the visitation restrictions that were previously put into place due to COVID-19. There will still need to be some restrictions in place, as the hospital must continue to ensure the safety of patients and staff. The following guidelines will therefore take effect beginning Wednesday, June 10, 2020:
- Access to the hospital will remain controlled. Patients and visitors will only be able to enter the building through the ER entrance.
- All patients and visitors must check-in upon entry and be screened.
- Any visitor who, based on screening, is deemed at risk for COVID-19 or who presents with any signs and symptoms of an acute illness will not be allowed to visit at that time.
- Visitation for all patients (outpatients and inpatients) which includes ICU, will be limited to one (1) immediate family member only or whomever the patient identifies as their primary caregiver per day. The hospital requests that the designated visitor be the same each day for in-patients and that all visitors refrain from exiting and re-entering the building during the day.
- In the Emergency Department, visitation will be limited to no more than one (1) person per patient.
- For patients that are coming into the hospital for an outpatient surgery or other procedure, one (1) visitor per patient will be allowed.
- All patient visitors will be issued a special ID badge which must always remain visible to hospital staff. The badge must be returned to the ER screening booth when the visitor leaves the building.
- Visitors will be expected to remain in the designated room/location of the patient that they are visiting or accompanying. For example, Inpatient visitors should remain in the room with the patient, ED visitors should remain in the ED exam room with the patient or the ED waiting area. Any person accompanying anyone for surgery will need to wait in the main hospital lobby. Visitors will have access to public restrooms and the cafeteria.
- All visitors will also be asked to wear a mask while in the hospital. The hospital will supply one mask to each visitor if the visitor does not have a personal mask of their own.
- Visiting hours will be limited for all patients on the second floor as follows:
Regular In-patient Unit: 7:00am - 7:00pm
Intensive Care Unit (ICU): 2:00pm - 5:00pm
- NOTE: ALL visitation for COVID-19 suspect or confirmed patients will continue to remain restricted. HRMC still encourages and supports the use of phone calls or FaceTime for these patients.
- The hospital will continue to provide flexibility on a case-by-case basis for end-of-life situations and pediatric patients (under the age of 18).
- The cafeteria will be open ONLY for hospital out-patients and any patient visitors. We will NOT be open to the public at this time.
For the most up-to-date information about HRMC and COVID-19, click here