Coastal Plains Implements Safety Protocols to Manage COVID-19
Varnville, SC (May 5, 2020) - Coastal Plains Primary Care & Physician Associates, a multi-specialty physician group located on Hampton Regional Medical Center's campus, is taking increased measures to ensure the safety and protection of all patients who receive care at their locations.
"As we adapt to changes to our everyday lives due to COVID-19, the health and well-being of our community remains our top-priority," said Kevin Rotunda, Practice Administrator, Coastal Plains. "Our team is prepared to deliver safe care to all patients in a safe environment."
Coastal Plains is adhering to strict infection control protocols to ensure the ongoing safety of staff and patients:
• Patients are screened over the phone when making appointments.
• Patients are screened upon arrival to Coastal Plains.
• All staff are screened daily upon arrival to work. Staff members are to report any health changes to their supervisors immediately.
• Social distancing is practiced in the waiting areas.
• The floors have been marked to define a six-foot distance.
• Seating will be arranged to ensure patients are able to sit six feet from one another.
• Chairs, doors and counters are disinfected after each use in the waiting areas.
• To further minimize potential exposure, all staff are equipped with a protective mask. Patients are welcomed to wear a mask upon entering the facility.
• All equipment is disinfected after each use.
• Exam rooms are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between each patient visit.
• All staff members are practicing good hand hygiene after touching any object, as well as between each patient visit.
Coastal Plains recognizes many persons are reluctant to seek medical care out of concern for COVID-19. This is extremely concerning to practice officials, as persons with chronic conditions, such as heart disease and diabetes, require close observation and treatment.
"Delaying care for serious health issues may lead to fatal consequences," said Rotunda. "We want to assure patients and their families our offices are disinfected after each patient and every evening. Patients can feel confident we are prepared to fulfill their health care needs in a clean, safe environment."
Practice officials continue to follow local, state and federal guidelines to safeguard staff and patients from COVID-19 exposure.
"The community can take comfort in knowing we are taking every precaution to ensure our offices are well-prepared to respond to non-coronavirus emergencies, while also adapting to a new normal," added Rotunda.
As part of its ongoing mission to providing accessible healthcare services to the community, Coastal Plains continues to provide convenient access to a full array of services, including same-day appointments. For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call 803-943-7612.